Sunday, August 29, 2010

Zehn tags already gone by


My first woche of Deutsch-schule is over. My first day of rain was three days ago. Soaking me entirely and drenching my schule buch's. I had my first experience of a large live concert last week at the Wintertur music festival. The band "Gas Light" from Brooklyn, New York played loud and enthusiastically into the night. Swiss fans clapping and screaming and whistling along with them. Although their type of music was not so appealing to me it was still worth the experience, although towards the end when I left I smelled like a burning cigarette. The clock tower by the stage was beautiful and accented in the twilight, people wound their way through the maze of the crowd, beers held high in both hands, daring to spill. All heads bobbing to the main beat, the occasional mob of crazy dancers falling into other bodies, creating a domino effect. On the wochenende My host siblings and I went to Chur and went swimming in a huge swimming area. One pool had drie levels of diving: the first at 1 meter, second at 3 meters, and the highest at a ceiling-scraping 5 meters! I only dared the 3 meters, getting water shot up my nose and the sting lasting for a good funf or zehn minuten. There was a water slide but it was not very epic, just sending you a short distance and not at very high speeds. In Chur I ate zwei very big bretzels, they were delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment