Cows with breathing implants, cows with tubes and bags of fluid hanging above them, cows that eat rat poison, baby cows that had surgery, big cows on operation tables and, cows being born. He or she was slick and wet, being rubbed thoroughly with straw by the veterinarian, still attached to its mother by a purple umbilical cord. She or he kept sneezing and shaking its head, trying to free itself of the fluid in its ear and goo in the nose. We went on to see the small animals hospital, where operation technology is as advanced as for human operations. But this time we didn't witness any incisions, there were no operations going on at the time, which I have to say I am relieved. Next came horses. Horses that couldn't walk right, or were sick, or foals lying in straw looking at you in a confused innocent manner. I spent yesterday afternoon with classmates at the Animal Hospital in Zürich learning about how surgery for large and small animals are carried out, and how the recovery process goes. I also learned a very important thing: that I am not going to be a veterinarian.
*note* May contain grammatical errors, or uncompleted/run on sentences. (in the last sentence I originally spelled 'may' as 'my' and completely forgot that the word 'grammatik' doesn't exist in the english vocabulary, and spent a minute trying to figure out why my spell check said it was not a word in the dictionary. Point is, my english is disintegrating at the same rate my german is getting better.)
No comments:
Post a Comment